Starbucks Copycat Flourless Chewy Chocolate Cookies
If you’ve ever tried those flourless chewy chocolate cookies that Starbucks sells & wanted to try to make your own at home then you’ve come to the right place. I have an amazing copycat recipe to share with you that I have been tweaking for months. This recipe is great if your on a gluten-free diet too because it’s flourless. I actually made these for my aunt because she loves chocolate but can’t have gluten.
I love that this recipe is easy to whip up, its made with only a handful of ingredients. It has semisweet chocolate chips & dutch cocoa powder which give it a rich chocolate flavor. Just a warning: the batter looks a little weird but that’s just because it doesn’t contain any flour. If your batter is too dry when you mix it up & all the powdered sugar/cocoa isn’t getting absorbed, add 1 more teaspoon of water. This happened to me once because the amount of egg whites in each egg varies a little.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa)
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons water (you may need to add 1 more teaspoon depending on how much egg white was added)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, a baking mat, or grease it.
- Whisk together dutch cocoa powder, salt, & powdered sugar. Add vegetable oil, vanilla, water, & egg whites. Stir or whisk together. If it's too dry add 1 teaspoon more of water.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by the teaspoon full onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until they puff up and the tops are glossy.
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
These cookies look great! I’ve never tried Starbucks’ version, but I’m sure these surpass them in every way ;)
Thanks Megan!!! :)
This looks decadent! I’ll have to try this!
Thanks Angelica! Let me know if you do try it! :)
I’ve never tried the Starbucks version and I certainly don’t need to now, because I don’t think a cookie could possibly be more tantalizing and decadent that these ones you made! I’m looking forward to trying these!
Thanks! If you try them let me know how you like them! :)
I used Swerve powder sugar substitute and it offers a low carb version. They taste great.
Hi Paula- I’m glad you liked them. I’ve never tried Swerve before. Thanks for commenting!
How much swerve?
Hi Lexi, I’m sorry, What is the question?