My mother in law got me started on these cookies. I had never had one or heard of them until I was over at her house and tried one. Peanut butter, oats, M&M’s and chocolate chips…. you just can’t go wrong with these ingredients! They are really good and the M&M’s make them look great too. If you are taking them somewhere and what them to look extra good, save a few M&M’s and put them on the top before you bake them.
If you double check all the rest of you ingredients, then these are gluten free since there is no flour in them. You may have to buy gluten free oats.
They are great for all the holidays too since they make all the holiday colored M&M’s.
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1½ cups peanut butter (regular or chunky)
- 4¼ cups oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl mix eggs, sugars, vanilla, soda, butter, peanut butter and oats. Then add chips and M&M's and mix.
- Scoop large balls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. About 2 inch rounds, then take the back of a spoon and give them a small squish.
- Bake for 11-13 mins.