Flaky, Buttery Vanilla Shortbread Cookies
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 stick salted butter (1 cup), softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix softened butter, powdered sugar, & vanilla together. Stir in flour.
- Chill dough for 20-30 min.
- Scoop dough into balls. Flatten with the bottom of a glass using plastic wrap in between to keep the cookies from sticking to the glass. Flatten to about ½" thick.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
I recently went to a new grocery store (The Fresh Market) & as I was looking around I noticed they had a fabulous looking bakery selection. I ended up buying a box of Vanilla Shortbread Cookies they sell because I was impressed by how few ingredients the label had on it, it seems like everything at the grocery stores these days has a mile long list on it. Shortbread cookies are supposed to have a short ingredient list because they are made with the basics: butter, sugar, & flour. Vanilla is also a must for me, I love vanilla so much! It’s rare for me to make a dessert that doesn’t have vanilla in it. If your looking for a high quality vanilla extract Nielsen-Massey makes one of my favorites!
I thought the cookies tasted delicious, I couldn’t help but eat more than one. So I decided to try my luck and make some at home hoping they would taste similar. I was pleased with the end results of the recipe that I am about to share with you. This recipe is all about keeping it simple.
These cookies have a nice rich vanilla & butter flavor. The texture is a bit crumbly.
This post contains an Amazon affiliate link.