This is another recipe that is from my old mom’s group (MOPS), it’s pretty close to the Pampered Chef Chicken Broccoli Bread Recipe.
This is also in my husband’s top 5 favorite meals, but the funny thing is I hardly ever make it. I have no idea why either since it’s really easy to make and I like it too.
My braid doesn’t usually look too pretty, I need to watch a YouTube video on how to make it look better.
Chicken Broccoli Crescent Roll Braid Recipe
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (8 oz each) crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place Chicken, broccoli, bell pepper in mixing bowl. Add garlic. Add shredded cheese and mix. Add mayonnaise, dill, onion, salt then mix.
- Unroll crescent rolls but do not seperate. Place both packages of rolls on a baking stone or cookie sheet end to end. Press ends together to form one long sheet of dough. Press all seams together. Along outer side of dough, along each of two opposite sides, cut 2 inch strips from end toward center. This will look like fringe along the two longer sides of the dough. Add filling down the center.
- To braid, lift strips of dough, one at a time, across mixture tomeet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends up to seal at end of braid.
- Brash with egg whit (optional)
- bake 24-28 minutes or until golden brown
Is the broccoli cooked?
Hi Marlea, I used fresh uncooked broccoli. Thanks!
I made this for dinner and loved it! Thank you!
So glad you loved it! Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it.
My kids love this
I’m so glad you guys liked it! Thanks!
Can this be made using raw chicken?
Hi, it needs to be cooked chicken.
Can this be made ahead of time and then frozen to be used at a later time?
Hi Linda, I have never tried that. I would think you could thaw it in the refrigerator and then cook at maybe 375 degrees until it’s warm and the crust is slightly crisp. I do reheat my leftovers in a toaster oven for a few minutes and it’s very good, but never tried freezing. Hope this helps.
Alexis Moore-Merritt says
I’m cooking this tomorrow since it’s a half day at school can’t wait but it’s 7 of us so I have to make two
Hi Alexis, If you do have any extra it reheats well in a toaster or real oven.