This is for everyone that keep asking me for this recipe. This is the easiest soup to make and you can’t screw it up. (This soup is NOT spicy). You can add/leave out what you want, my daughter doesn’t like black beans, so I leave them out sometimes. If I have cilantro and avocado then I add them as a topping too.
If you ask my friend Heather, she will tell you this is “magic soup”. I brought over a pot when she had pneumonia and she swears that this is what made her better. She ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner for 2 days. Heather also can’t have gluten, so this soup is GLUTEN FREE if you check all your ingredients. The aldi chicken broth is gluten free and don’t forget to check your spices!!!!!! McCormick’s spices are supposed to be all gluten free.
Aldi makes some already grilled chicken strips (in with the lunch meat) that I usually keep on hand for when I make this soup.
I’m a wimp and don’t like spicy stuff, but if you do, just add a dash or two of cayenne pepper to yours :)
- 1 Box of Chicken Broth (32oz)
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Corn
- 1 Can of Black Beans (rinsed)
- 1-2 Cups of Cooked Diced Chicken
- 1½ teaspoons Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Sour Cream
- Avocado and or Cilantro optional
- Add broth, tomatoes, corn, beans, chicken and spices to large pot and heat over medium heat for 20-30 mins. Put soup in a bowl then add your toppings and serve.