Spring Flower Spritz Cookies, buttery spritz cookies covered with sprinkles & a chocolate chip in the center.
I love spritz cookies. Every Christmas I bake those spritz cookies that look like little Christmas Trees. I make them for Valentine’s Day too using the heart shaped spritz disc. I have never made flower shaped spritz though, until now. I thought it would be cute to make some for Spring/Easter since tomorrow is the first day of March & Spring is just around the corner right?
These cookies are simple to make. You will need a cookie press to make them & a flower pattern disc. Be careful that you push out enough dough for each flower or it will not stick to the cookie sheet like it should. If the dough is giving you problems you could try chilling it for 20 minutes or so in the refrigerator. I never have any trouble with mine using this recipe but I know some people do. I used ghirardelli chocolate chips for the middle, they are slightly bigger then nestle brand.
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- + sprinkles for decorating & chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix butter & sugar together. Stir in egg, vanilla, & almond extract (optional). Add flour & baking powder & mix well.
- Scoop dough into cookie press fitted with flower pattern disc. Press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. If you like your cookies soft then bake until cookies are set, if you want them crisper bake until edges are starting to brown. Once cookies are removed from oven, top with a chocolate chip in the center.
This post contains amazon affiliate links.