Makes 1 Loaf Pan of Sour Cream Coffee Cake + Giveaway
For this post we’ve teamed up with our blogger & friend Megan over at Emotional Baker along with a group of other food bloggers to help her celebrate her 100th recipe posting (how exciting)! You can find the giveaway below.
Now I love Coffee Cake but I think that sometimes people are turned away from Coffee Cake because they think it has to have coffee in it. It does NOT have to have coffee in it. I don’t drink or buy coffee so I always make my recipes without any coffee flavoring. I looked up (googled) why it’s called Coffee Cake because it piqued my curiosity & found that it is intended to be eaten with a cup of coffee or flavored with coffee.
This recipe is great for breakfast or brunch. I usually make my coffee cake in a square 8×8 pan or a 9×13 pan or even a bundt pan but I thought it would be neat to try it in a loaf pan and just slice if off like bread, it actually makes it easier to serve that way.
This recipe makes one 9×5″ bread loaf pan (1.5-qt size). I used a Pyrex Basics 1.5-qt Loaf Dish(affiliate link).
- Coffee Cake:
- ¼ cup butter, softened (I use salted)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sour cream
- (1/8 teaspoon salt...if your not using salted butter)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5" bread loaf pan.
- Prepare Topping: In a small bowl mix cinnamon & sugar together. Add in vanilla & mix until it becomes slightly crumbly.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter & sugar together with an electric mixer. Beat in egg. Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, & baking soda together. Slowly add to the creamed mixture alternating because the flour mix & sour cream. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour half the batter into prepared loaf pan. Even it out with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle half the cinnamon/sugar mix over the batter. Pour remaining batter on. Smooth out & then sprinkle with remaining cinnamon/sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This post contains an amazon affiliate link.
Recipe adapted slightly from King Arthur Flour.
I’ve teamed up with 15 other bloggers to help celebrate The Emotional Baker’s 100th Recipe! We’re giving away two prizes.
- Grand Prize: $100 Amazon Gift Card.
- 2nd Place: TEB’s Favorite Baking Tools Prize Pack.
The prize pack includes:
- One Pyrex Loaf Pan // $18.99 value
- One Pyrex glass loaf pan // $24.99 value
- One loaf pan // $13.95 value
- One Wilton ColorSwirl 3-Color Coupler 9-Piece Decorating Kit // $7.90 value
- One Chef’n Switchit Narrow Silicone Spatula // $9.99 value
Giveaway Made Possible By:
- The Emotional Baker
- Spoonful of Flavor
- Eva Bakes
- Cook Nourish Bliss
- Beer Girl Cooks
- The Seasoned Mom
- No Spoon Necessary
- Beaming Baker
- Flavor the Moments
- Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Fresh April Flours
- Vanessa Baked
- Brooklyn Farm Girl
- The Semisweet Sisters
- Just About Baked
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Earn entries by following the host bloggers on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the information as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST. One Grand Prize winner and one Second Place winner will be chosen at random and e-mailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $75. Prizes listed above are the only ones available.
- Grand Prize: Open to USA, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom.
Second Place: Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only.
Vanessa @ VanessaBaked says
What a great idea! You can slice me two pieces! :-)
Cheyanne @ No Spoon Necessary says
I am a sucker for coffee cake in all shapes and sizes, so I am smitten with this loaf pan coffee cake! Love that you used sour cream in here!! I bet this tastes amazing! Cheers!! :)
Demeter | Beaming Baker says
This coffee cake looks so good! As always, I love how moist and delish your baked good look! :)
Thanks Demeter! :)
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
This coffee cake looks so amazing!! I love that you used a loaf pan, added a swirl & of course didn’t forget the all important topping ;)
Katie and Holly, thanks so much for celebrating my 100th recipe with me! You both are such an inspiration and I always look forward to your posts. I’m so lucky to have found such sweet and creative blogging friends!
Thanks Megan! Love your blog! I’m so glad we met you! Keep up the awesome work, wishing you 100’s of more recipe posts! :)