These are everything you could possible want in a cookie bar….AMAZING!!!! But seriously my husband said this is the best thing that I have ever made. As he was eating the last piece of it he says, “can you make another batch of these tomorrow”.
Chocolate chip cookie topped with chocolate bars, then a peanut butter buckeye layer, topped with more cookie dough.
Very easy to make too. There may be a few squares of chocolate that don’t fit in the pan, don’t worry just eat those ;)
I refrigerated mine so they would cool quicker, but then they got so cold they didn’t want to come out of the pan. I let them sit on the counter and get to room temperature and they cut and came out fine.
- Cookie Dough Layer:
- ½ cup soft butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate Layer:
- 4 hershey's chocolate bars
- Buckeye Layer:
- 1 cup of warm peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, add vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water, then add to batter, add salt, slowly stir in flour then chocolate chips. Press half of the cookie dough onto the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Set aside the other half.
- Place the hershey chocolate bars onto the cookie dough layer.
- In small bowl microwave peanut butter for 30 seconds until warm and melty then mix in powdered sugar until combined. Spread peanut butter mixture onto the chocolate bars.
- Crumble the remaining cookie dough on top of the peanut butter covering as much as possible. (optional: sprinkle the top with a few more chocolate chips)
- Bake for 22-28 mins or until the edges are golden brown and the middle is lightly golden. Cool before cutting and serving.