Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
Makes slightly gooey peanut buttery cookie bars! I make my favorite peanut butter cookies all the time but I wanted to try making peanut butter bars this time. I tweaked my recipe & came up with these bars. They are a little more gooey then my classic peanut butter cookies but just as addicting. I love the peanut butter flavor!
I was worried they would turn out dry and crumbly (not what I was looking for) so I decided to add a little sour cream to keep them from being dry. It seemed to have done the trick because they came out moist & just a little gooey. I sprinkled the top with sugar before baking to give them a little more sweetness.
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, semi melted
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl stir butter, sour cream, vanilla, sugars, egg, & peanut butter together until creamy. Add flour and baking soda, mix well.
- Spread into 9x13" baking pan, dough will be thick, use a rubber spatula or your hands to flatten cookie dough into pan.
- Optional: sprinkle top with sugar
- Bake 15 minutes or until they look set.
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
Gooey PB bars?!? Sounds amazing! Save me one ;)
:) Will do! Thanks Megan!
Yummy treat for any time of the day…Drooling :)