Old Fashioned Sour Cream Drop Sugar Cookies
My sister & I celebrated Christmas early this year so we did our Christmas cookie baking last week. My sister whipped up these cookies & I love them because they really do remind me of old fashioned sugar cookies. They are easy to make because you just drop the dough onto the cookie sheet. You can roll or sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sprinkles if you want. We did red & green for Christmas.
These cookies are super moist & have that old fashioned sugar cookie taste like my Grandma’s recipe for sugar cookies only without the shortening. Huge plus because I mainly bake with butter now.
Tip: The dough is a little sticky, you can refrigerate it for 20-30 min. if you want it to be easier to work with.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or line with non stick baking mats.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together, set aside.
- With an electric mixer cream butter, sugar, and egg together.
- Slowly mix in sour cream and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture.
- Drop battery by tablespoons full onto prepared cookie sheets. Top with sprinkles (optional)
- Bake 10-12 min. or until turning slight golden brown.