Crumb Coffee Cake Cookies. If you love that crumb topping on Coffee Cakes…your going to really love these!
These cookies are the BEST! Soft brown sugar and cinnamon cookies with a yummy crumb topping in the center.
Shape the dough into little bowls like this by pushing your thumb down in the middle:
Then scoop in the crumb topping.
My sister invented these cookies when she was over visiting me. I am so thankful she did because I love them! (Shout out to my sister–> BIG Thank you for making me these cookies!) Combo of 2 of my favorite things, Crumb Cake Coffee Cake + Sugar Cookies = Crumb Coffee Cake Cookies! The crumb topping makes these cookies irresistible.
- Crumb Topping:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1⅔ cup flour
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all the crumb ingredients together in a medium bowl. Refrigerate while making cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Use an electric mixer to cream brown sugar, sugar, & butter.
- Add egg & vanilla, mix.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda,salt and cinnamon together. Add to the creamed butter/sugar. Beat with mixer until everything is mixed in.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough & drop onto greased cookie sheet. Press cookies into a bowl shape. Then sprinkle the crumb topping inside the bowl part, it should be heaping.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until the edges just starting to brown.
[email protected] says
Wow Katie, these cookies sounds delicious!! Yum… :)
Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop says
Yum! I love the crumb topping….and on a cookie :) Great idea!
I just made these cookies and they look very nice, like the ones pictured in the post. I ended up with 15 cookies but I have half of the topping left over. Did anyone else have this issue?
I had a few spoonfuls left over, but not very much. I will look into it.