When my daughter was 6 or 7 she googled this recipe, printed it and made these brownies all by herself. I remember her coming in and asking me to put the brownies in the oven for her and I was like what brownies?!? Now she is almost 11 and still uses this recipe all the time (by herself). This is almost the same as the quick and easy brownies on allrecipes except we use chocolate chips instead of nuts.
The chocolate hearts are optional, you could use kisses, another chocolate or just leave them off.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter melted
- ½ cup cocoa powder (dutch is preferred)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- chocolate candy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Mix sugar, butter, cocoa, vanilla, eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Once combined, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 30 mins. then add chocolate candy to the top.