Brown Sugar Bar Cookies.
I love cookies, bar cookies, drop cookies, refrigerator cookies, okay not the biggest fan of refrigerator cookies because I hate waiting! These cookies are easy to throw together & no waiting for the dough to chill in the refrigerator. They are kind of like a blondie bar without chocolate chips or nuts. Of course if you want you can add chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or nuts to this bar cookie but I chose to keep it simple. You could also dust the tops with powdered sugar if you want.
These Brown Sugar Bar Cookies are soft & just a little chewy. Recipes makes an 8×8″ pan. You could double the recipe and make in a 9×13″ pan but you probably need to increase the baking time by about 5 minute.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened (I used salted)
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon coarse kosher salt (or a pinch of regular salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees. Grease an 8x8" square pan.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter & sugars together. Beat in egg then vanilla.
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking soda, & salt together. Gradually add to the other bowl of butter/sugar & mix until well combined with electric mixer.
- Using a rubber spatula pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown & middle is no longer gooey.
- Let them cool completely before serving.