Copycat Baked Entenmann’s Chocolate Dipped Cake Donuts
I used to LOVE these as a kid, and I still do. This version is baked, not fried. They taste just like the real thing but with better chocolate.
I just used cheap almond bark to dip them in and thought they turned out great.
It is a very easy recipe but you will need a donut pan to bake them in. Bake, cool, dip, let chocolate set and EAT!
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10-15 ounces Chocolate Melts or Almond Bark
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease donut pan with oil or cooking spray.
- Whisk together the sour cream, egg, vanilla, butter, oil, & sugar in a bowl.
- Add flour, soda, & salt, & stir together until well combined.
- Fill donut pan with batter & bake for 12-16 minutes or until the top is springy to the touch & the sides are turning golden brown. Remove from oven & let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
- Melt chocolate according the package directions then dip each side of the donuts in the melted chocolate, then place on waxed paper
post contains amazon affiliate link