Whipped Shortbread Cookies
I always love a good shortbread recipe whether it is in cookie form or bar form. My sister & I have several different recipes for shortbread on here already posted but this one is different. I’ve never made whipped shortbread bars or cookies before. The recipe is easy to make because you just put all the 5 ingredients in your mixer and drop scoop the cookies onto a cookie sheet. I made the whipped shortbread cookies really big for this recipe using my large cookie scoop but you can make whatever size you’d like.
These whipped shortbread cookies are soft, tender, & have a little of that melt in your mouth goodness that we all love about shortbread! You don’t have to add the vanilla extract but I love vanilla so I always add it to my shortbread. You can add sprinkles or powdered sugar to the tops of the cookies if you want.
- ¾ cup butter or 1½ sticks, softened (I used salted)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 F. degrees.
- Cream butter & sugars together using an electric mixer, about 2-3 min.
- Add vanilla & mix in.
- Add flour & mix until combined.
- Drop by the spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 min. or until edges are just faintly starting to turn golden brown.