Brown Sugar Shortbread Bar Cookies, made with only 3 Ingredients!
I make my sister’s recipe for regular shortbread all the time but I decided to try it with brown sugar instead of regular sugar. The brown sugar definitely gives it a different flavor, to me it seems sweeter. It’s a nice change from the traditional shortbread so if your looking for a twist on classic shortbread this is it!
You can easily make 1/2 a recipe if you want a small batch, just bake it in a 8×8″ pan & reduce baking time to about 25 min. It’s optional but for even more flavor you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. You can also sprinkle the top with sugar before baking if you’d like.
- 1 cup soft butter (I used salted)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2½ cups flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Mix butter & brown sugar together. Add flour and mix until it all sticks together.
- Press dough into 9x13 pan (I use the back of a spoon).
- Take a fork and poke holes all over the top. .
- Bake for 30-35 mins, just until the edges start to get slightly golden.
- Let cool before serving.
Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop says
This sounds like a lovely shortbread! Great idea to try brown sugar!
Queen Bee says
These are going on my Next Up, Next On board for baking sometime soon. ???
Hope you like them!