Chocolate Chip Madeleines
I recently bought a non stick madeleine pan & my niece has been asking to make a chocolate version. We made these together. She taste tested them for me & she approves. If you don’t know what madeleines are they are a classic French shell-shaped cookie that is like a mini cake.
Recipe makes 12 madeleine cookies. I have one large non stick madeleine cookie pan that makes 12 cookies so this recipe works perfectly if you have the same size pan.
You could stir the mini chocolate chips into the batter but we decided we liked the way they looked just sprinkled on top. They are a cake like cookie. They will rise quite a bit in the oven so you only fill them to the brim.
The photo above shows what the Chocolate Chip Madeleines look like on the other side. Golden brown in color.
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ up (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- mini chocolate chips (about 15 per cookie)
- Using an electric mix beat sugar & egg until light & airy (about 3 minutes).
- Add flour & baking powder & mix for about 30 seconds until incorporated.
- Mix in melted butter slowly.
- Add milk & vanilla & mix just until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator.
- Grease Madeleine pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Fill to the brim & smooth down with rubber spatula. Sprinkle top with mini chocolate chips.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are starting to turn golden brown.
Post contains amazon affiliate links
Leave a Comment