I was flipping through old cookbooks trying to find a recipe that I have never made. Well I have never made these or even heard of them but the recipe sounded good, so I gave it a try. It’s VERY good!!!! Nice shortbread crust with a soft chocolate topping.
Very easy to make. I used a dark chocolate bar, but I think milk chocolate would be just as good. I may even see how it turns out with chocolate chips next time.
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup soft butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cups soft butter
- 1 chocolate candy bar 4 ounces (broken into pieces)
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Mix the first three ingredients together and press in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 mins.
- In medium saucepan over medium low heat, melt ¼ cup butter in the evaporated milk. Once melted, add in a chocolate and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and eggs. Beat quickly until all is combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the baked shortbread crust and put back in the oven for 25-30 mins. Remember the pan will be hot when you put in back in the oven, so use your pot holders.
- Let cool and serve