Hamburger Pizza with Homemade Dough, Dairy Free.
Hamburger Pizza (Dairy Free) made with homemade pizza crust for all the pizza lovers out there that can’t eat cheese! I don’t even miss the cheese when I eat this pizza. My Mom used to make these and mini one’s when I was growing up since my dad couldn’t have dairy products. You can use any pizza dough you would like, I share one of my favorites below. The pizza dough recipe I used for this recipe makes a medium thickness crust & it is quick to make requiring very little dough rising time. I think from start to finish it usually takes me about an hour.
You can knead the dough using your favorite method, by hand, with a stand mixer, or bread machine. I use my bread machine to knead the dough. I let it knead for about 10 minutes until a nice ball of dough forms that isn’t too dry & that isn’t too sticky. You can always add more flour or water depending if it’s too wet or dry. I then usually turn my bread machine off and let the dough rise covered in the machine for about 25-30 minutes. Brown the ground round, add the pizza sauce to it, preheat the oven. Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface using a rolling pin. Add the ground round/pizza sauce. Bake it in the oven until the crust is done. Done.
I have been using OrganicVille Organic Pizza Sauce lately to make my pizza.
- ½ cup of warm water
- 1¼ teaspoons quick rise yeast
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (may use butter or vegetable oil also)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar (may use regular sugar also)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- -For Topping-
- ½ pound lean ground round
- Your favorite jar of pizza sauce (dairy free, if your staying away from dairy)
- Add warm water & yeast to bread machine or mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients starting with the flour.
- Set your bread machine to dough cycle if your using a bread machine. Or use a stand mixer with dough hook to knead the bread or mix the dough by hand for about 15 minutes until dough becomes a soft elastic like ball. Add more flour or water if needed to get the right consistency.
- Cover and let rise for 25 minutes or up to 1 hour depending on how much time you have to wait.
- Preheat oven to 450 F. degrees. Grease pizza pan.
- Roll out on floured surface to form a 12" circle (I use a rolling pin).
- Brown the ½ pound of ground round in a skillet on stove top. Pour in pizza sauce and stir it up.
- Place pizza dough on pizza pan. Top with ground round/sauce.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Leave a Comment