Classic Peanut Butter Cookies.
I’m sharing with you a classic recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies. I have two peanut butter cookie recipes that I love! The other one I use often to make heart shaped peanut butter cookies and peanut butter blossom cookies.
There was a point in my life where just about the only cookies I would bake were peanut butter cookies. I would make them over and over again because I like them that much! Thankfully I did branch out and start making sugar cookies, etc. again.
I have to warn you the cookie dough is pretty sticky so I like to use a cookie scoop to drop the cookies onto the baking sheet. Then you flatten them down by making a criss cross shape across the top with a fork.
Makes about 24 cookies.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add sugar, brown sugar, & butter together & stir beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg, & vanilla & mix until smooth & creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder & baking soda & mix until well combined.
- Scoop into 1.5 inch balls & place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each ball using a fork making a criss-cross pattern on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to slightly brown. (Don't over bake or your cookies will turn out hard).
post contains amazon affiliate links.