Blue Ribbon Sugar Cookies.
These sugar cookies really are award winning Blue Ribbon Sugar Cookies. This recipe makes really soft thick sugar cookies. I love this sugar cookie recipe because it is so versatile. With this recipe you can roll them in sugar, use sprinkles, or top them with frosting. My sister even uses this recipe to make delicious thumbprint cookies!
- 4 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons soft salted butter
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In small bowl mix flour and baking powder together.
- In large bowl with mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, add in eggs, vanilla and almond extract (optional) until well combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture.
- Scoop dough and roll into 2" balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle dough with sugar. Use the bottom of a glass to press dough down slightly.
- Bake at 350 F. degrees for 11-13 mins or until they are just slightly browning around bottom edges.
post contains amazon affiliate links.