Bakery Style Big Peanut Butter Cookies.
I love how bakery style cookies are always BIG. Sometimes it’s nice to just eat one big cookie instead of needing 3 or 4 to be satisfied. I used a large cookie scoop to make these cookies which scoops about 2.5 tablespoons of dough. If you don’t have a large cookie scoop you can just roll the dough into 2″ balls.
This is my favorite, favorite, favorite recipe for peanut butter cookies that I have been using for over 20 years. I use it to make so many variations of peanut butter cookies like peanut butter blossoms, etc.
Recipe makes about 14 large cookies.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted (microwave for 25-30 seconds)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, mix sugar, brown sugar, & butter together until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg, & vanilla & mix until smooth & creamy.
- Add flour & baking soda & mix until well combined.
- Scoop or roll dough into 2 inch balls & place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each ball using a fork making a criss-cross pattern on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges start to slightly brown.
post contains amazon affiliate link
Kathy Oyler says
This is the best peanut butter cookie ever..my husband loves them
Hi Kathy, So glad you like the peanut butter cookie recipe. It’s one of my favorites. Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it.