Fiji Honey Cake.
I had never heard of this until I was watching a Hallmark movie and they were eating it in the movie lol. I looked up a few recipes for it and decided to try making it. My daughter said it tasted like banana bread without the bananas. It’s great on it’s own, but amazing with brown sugar and cinnamon cream cheese spread!
I tried to find out a little more info on the Fiji Honey Cake. I looked for history or anything about it and could only find recipes, so let me know if you have heard anything else about it.
- ¼ cups sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon pumpin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan.
- In large bowl combine sugars, sour cream, honey, egg, oil, spices and vanilla. Add in the flour and baking soda mix until combined.
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 40-45 mins or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.