Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Cookies.
This recipe was adapted from a vintage cookbook I was looking through. It’s almost like a sugar cookie only with chocolate chips added. I had my chocolate loving family members taste test it for me and they all approved. So if you are looking for a new variation of a chocolate chip cookie then give this recipe a try!
I used ghirardelli dark chocolate chips for the recipe instead of semisweet. You can use whichever you prefer. I know semisweet are the most popular for cookies but my family likes dark chocolate. Also I used brand daisy sour cream.
I like to use a cookie scoop to drop the dough onto the cookie sheet, big time saver for me.
Makes about 40 small cookies.
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoon full (about 1" balls) onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
post contains amazon affiliate link