Old Fashioned Soft Honey Cookies.
This recipe makes an old fashioned style honey sugar cookie. I just received a jar of fresh raw honey from someone who is a beekeeper and I have been trying to come up with new recipes to use it in ever since. I really like this recipe. I have never made cookies with honey before and I think the honey adds a good flavor and texture to the cookies. This recipe would also be good with chocolate chips added.
Recipe makes 24-48 cookies depending on what size you make them. I like to make big cookies and used a 2.5 Tablespoon cookie scoop to make these. When I want smaller cookies I use a cookie scoop that is just over 1 Tablespoon.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar together either by hand or with a mixer. Mix in eggs, vanilla, & honey.
- Add flour & baking soda & mix well.
- Drop by the heaping tablespoon full onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until they are just starting to turn golden brown.
post contains amazon affiliate links