Dinner Rolls that are dairy free.
This recipe for dinner rolls is my go to recipe for holidays. I have made it every year for Thanksgiving for a while now. The recipe below makes a small batch of about 11 dinner rolls. I brushed the top with olive oil when they are done baking.
My aunt got me a beautiful handmade 9″ ceramic pie plate so I couldn’t wait to use it to make this dinner roll recipe, next time I’m making an apple pie with it. If you don’t have a 9″ pie pan then you can bake it in a 8×8″ square pan also.
For this recipe I usually use my bread machine to knead the dough. I use the dough setting. My go to bread machine is made by Sunbeam and has lasted me years and years. You can also use a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook or knead by hand to make this recipe.
- 1⅛ teaspoons yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2½ Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add ingredients to bowl or bread machine in order above.
- Mix/knead dough using your favorite method (by hand, using a stand mixer with dough hook, or a bread machine). Knead dough for 8-10 min. or until it feels smooth & elastic but still a little tacky. You may need to add a little extra flour or water to get the right consistency.
- Let dough rise covered for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into small balls (about 11) & place in a greased 9" pie pan.
- Let rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Brush with olive oil after done baking if desired.
post contains amazon affiliate links.