Cinnamon Swirl Bread that is Dairy Free.
Made with oil instead of butter and water instead of milk. This is my go to dairy free bread recipe. I use it as a base for cinnamon rolls, dinner rolls, hamburger buns, classic white loaf bread, & cinnamon bread. We have some dairy free allergies in our family so this recipe comes in very handy.
I use my bread machine to knead the dough for this recipe. I just use it for the dough cycle then bake the bread in the oven. A stand mixer fitted with a dough hook or kneading by hand works too. This recipe below makes 1 loaf of Dairy Free Cinnamon Swirl Bread. If you want to make 2 loaves then you can double the recipe. A lot of times I double the recipe and make one cinnamon swirl loaf and one classic white loaf.
- 1⅛ teaspoons yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 2½ Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- -Cinnamon Mix-
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add ingredients to bowl or bread machine in order above.
- Mix/knead dough using your favorite method (by hand, using a stand mixer with dough hook, or a bread machine). Knead dough for about 10 min. or until it feels smooth & elastic but still a little tacky. You may need to add a little extra flour or water to get the right consistency.
- (If using a bread machine then set to the dough cycle & you can either let it cycle through or unplug it after its kneaded the dough for 10-15 min.)
- Let dough rise covered for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out dough about 7x20".
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together and spread evenly over the dough (I usually use my hand to smooth it out).
- Start at one of the 7" ends and tightly roll the dough up and place in a greased 1.5 quart bread loaf pan.
- Let rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Let cool in pan about 15 minutes and then remove.
Post contains amazon affiliate link.