Cinnamon & Sugar Churro Style Madeleines.
I’m always looking for new recipes that involve cinnamon & sugar because the combination of cinnamon & sugar is one of my favorites! I’ve made several different type of French Madeleines, including Chocolate Chip and Classic. I thought a Churro version with cinnamon & sugar coating would make a good addition. They remind me of cinnamon & sugar donut holes a little bit. They could be served at breakfast.
Recipe makes 12 madeleine cookies. I have one large non stick madeleine cookie pan that makes 12 cookies so this recipe works perfectly if you have the same size pan. The recipe is easy to make and has been fail proof for me. I love that it doesn’t require refrigeration time because most of the recipes out there do.
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ up (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Using an electric mix beat sugar & egg until light & airy (about 3 minutes).
- Add flour & baking powder & mix for about 30 seconds until incorporated.
- Mix in melted butter slowly.
- Add milk, vanilla, & lemon zest (optional) & mix just until combined.
- Grease Madeleine pan.
- Fill to the brim & smooth down with rubber spatula.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are starting to turn golden brown.
- Let cool in pan until cool enough to handle. Use a rubber spatula to gently remove them from pan and brush or dip with melted butter then coat each side in a bowl mixed with cinnamon & sugar.
Post contains amazon affiliate links.