I love coffee cake and I love anything with chocolate chips. I don’t know why it’s taken me all these years to put the two together!!! YUMMMM!
My daughter asked if there was coffee in the cake, nope! This is what wikipedia had to say about it, “Coffee cake, which can also be known as gugelhupf or kuchen, evolved from other sweet items. In the 17th century, Northern/Central Europeans are thought to have come up with the idea of eating sweet cakes while having their coffee.”
My dog thought she would like some too! :)
Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Recipe type: dessert
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- * 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 9x13 pan.
- In large bowl mix oil, sugars, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. In small bowl combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly stir this mixture into the large bowl. Mix until combined.
- Mix the topping ingredients together (NOT the chocolate chips).
- Add HALF the batter into the pan, the sprinkle HALF the topping mixture on top. Take remaining batter and drop by spoonfuls all over, then take the back of a spoon and spread it around. Sprinkle remaining topping all over top, then sprinkle chocolate chips on top of that.
- Bake 22-26 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Leave a Comment