Quick and Easy Easter Shortbread Cutout Cookies.
No Refrigeration dough!! Just mix up dough, roll out, and bake!
Roll out dough to 1/4 inch, maybe a tad thicker. Use any cookie cutter you like and then bake. If dough is too sticky, sprinkle a little more flour on the counter and dough.
Baking times may vary a little depending on the thickness and size of cutters you use. You just want to see a little golden on the edge and then they are done.
Mix up icing and then dip the cookie face down in the icing and place on rack or parchment paper.
Quick and Easy Easter Shortbread Cutout Cookies
Recipe type: dessert
- 1 cup soft salted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar (more as needed to get the consistency you like)
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅓ cup milk
- food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line pans with parchment paper.
- Mix butter, sugar, vanilla and flour in large bowl until it all comes together.
- sprinkle some flour or powdered sugar on the counter and roll out the dough to about ¼ inch thickness. If it's too sticky just sprinkle with a little flour or powdered sugar.
- Cut out and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-14 mins or until the edges just start to get lightly golden. Cooking time may vary a little depending on how thick and how large the cut out is. Cool.
- Mix icing ingredients and dip cookies in icing.
Leave a Comment