Soft Thick Sugar Cookies.
This recipe makes extra thick soft sugar cookies. Sometimes I’m just craving a big soft extra thick sugar cookie, like today, today is one of those days. So I’m loving this new sugar cookie recipe. I kept it simple and just made scoop and drop style cookies but you could definitely frost these with vanilla frosting for some added sweetness and vanilla flavor. (Excuse my old worn out looking cookie sheet in the photos, it gets used!)
Makes about 10 large cookies. This is half of the original recipe so if you want more then one cookie sheet of cookies you can double the recipe. I used about a 2.5 Tablespoon sized cookie scoop.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick) room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Use an electric mixer to cream sugar & butter together.
- Add egg & vanilla, mix.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Add to the creamed butter/sugar. Beat with mixer until everything is mixed in.
- Scoop by the tablespoon (golf ball sized) & drop onto greased cookie sheet. (I used a large cookie scoop/ice cream scoop).
- Bake 12-14 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown.
Post contains an amazon affiliate link.