Slice and Bake Sugar Cookies.
I have never made slice and bake cookies before, but I’m glad I did. They were much easier than I thought they would be! Plus Yummy! They are kind of like a shortbread cookie, but a little less crisp.
- 1 cup butter soft
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2¼ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- In large bowl combine butter, sugars, egg, vanilla and almond extract. Slowly mix in flour and then sprinkles.
- Divide dough into 2 parts. Place each one on a piece of wax or parchment paper, roll dough into 2" log. Chill for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove dough from refrigerator one at a time (so the other one stays cool). Slice with sharp knife into ¼" slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 mins. Time may vary a little depending on the size and thickness of your slices.