Dairy Free Soft Italian Breadsticks.
This recipe makes soft dairy free breadsticks. I made them dairy free due to allergies at my house. We love to have breadsticks or garlic knots on spaghetti night. I used olive oil in the recipe instead of butter. When my sister makes these she brushes them with butter and sprinkles them with parmesan cheese, so if you don’t have any dairy restrictions you might want to give it a try. You can also add parsley or fresh garlic as toppings.
I used a bread machine to knead the dough like I almost always do but you can use a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook or knead by hand.
This recipe makes about 8 breadsticks depending on the size you make them. I just tried to divided the dough into 8 pieces then rolled each one out to about 6 or 7 inches long. Some ended up a little shorten then others but it’s all good.
- ½ cup of warm water
- 1¼ teaspoons quick rise yeast
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (may use butter or vegetable oil also)
- ½ Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoon olive oil or melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- Add warm water & yeast to bread machine or mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients starting with the flour.
- Set your bread machine to dough cycle if your using a bread machine. Or use a stand mixer with dough hook to knead the bread or mix the dough by hand for about 15 minutes until dough becomes a soft elastic like ball. Add more flour or water if needed to get the right consistency.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 6 or 7" rope.
- Place onto greased cookie sheet a couple inches apart.
- Let rise for 30-40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees
- Mix olive oil and garlic powder together in small bowl.
- Brush breadsticks with oil mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Brush with remaining olive oil/garlic mix.
post contains amazon affiliate link
Leave a Comment