Butter Cake Cookies with a Cinnamon Glaze.
I love the combination of butter, sugar, and cinnamon so I decided to try making these cookies. I was very pleased with the results and found them to be quite addicting. I took a basic sugar cookie recipe that makes buttery cake like cookies and then I made a glaze for them using butter, sugar, and cinnamon and drizzled it over the top.
The cinnamon makes the glaze look like it is chocolate but it is just cinnamon. You could actually make these with a chocolate glaze instead of cinnamon though.
Recipe makes a small batch, one cookie sheet worth of cookies.
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened salted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon water
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir softened butter, sugar, egg, & vanilla together. Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Roll into balls or use a cookie scoop and drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies look set and edges are just barley browning.
- Let cool & then prepare glaze.
- To make the glaze, microwave butter until melted then add sugar, water, and cinnamon and stir it up. (If glaze is too thin add more sugar, if glaze is too thick add a tiny bit more water). Spoon glaze on to the cooled cookies.