Soft Thick Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I’m so excited to finally share this thick chocolate chip cookie recipe with you. I thought my sister had already posted it because we have been making it for so many years but to my surprise it was never shared on our blog. This is my best recipe for chocolate chip cookies and a favorite at our house. This recipe makes soft extra thick chocolate chip cookies.
Recipe makes about 16 large cookies or 2 cookie sheets of cookies. I used a cookie scoop that was about 2.5 Tablespoons.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted butter (2 stick) semi cold*
- ¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Use an electric mixer to cream brown sugar, sugar, & semi cold butter*(you want the butter to be a little cold, I took mine from the frig, microwaved it for 10-14 seconds, cut it into pieces then added it to the bowl).
- Add eggs & vanilla, mix.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt together. Add to the creamed butter/sugar. Beat with mixer until everything is mixed in.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2½ tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball (golf ball sized) & drop onto greased cookie sheet. (I used a large cookie scoop/ice cream scoop). Don't touch the dough with your hands or it will warm it up too much. If you want to use your hands then you will need to place the cookie sheet in the frig for 20 min. before baking so the cookies don't go flat.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just starting to brown.
Post contains amazon affiliate link.