Coconut Macaroons Dairy Free, made without sweetened condensed milk, no sweetened condensed milk added. Super Easy to make, only 6 ingredients. Recipe makes chewy coconut macaroons.
Recipe makes about 12 coconut macaroons, depending on how big you make them. I used a small cookie scoop to drop them onto cookie sheet. I also used a non stick baking mat because they tend to stick to the cookie sheets so be sure to grease the cookie well, use parchment paper, or use a non stick baking mat.
1. You can use unsweetened shredded coconut for this recipe but cookies will turn out more crisp. I actually used organic unsweetened shredded coconut because I couldn’t find sweetened organic coconut anywhere. Then I made it sweetened myself by boiling 2 Tablespoons of water with 2 teaspoons of sugar and tossed the coconut in it to make it sweet and to re hydrate it.
2. This recipe makes chewy coconut macaroons. I’ve heard that if you whip the egg whites before using them you end up with a light and airy macaroon but I like mine chewy so I add them not whipped.
3. These would also be good dipped or coated in chocolate, I’m going to try that next for my chocolate loving family members.
- 1⅓ cups sweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F. degrees. Grease cookie sheet or line with non stick baking mat.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Add egg whites and vanilla; mix well.
- Drop by the spoonful onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until tops and edges are golden brown. (They may take a little longer to bake depending on the size you make them).
post contains amazon affiliate link