Christmas Tree Peanut Butter Spritz Cookies drizzled with chocolate.
Christmas Tree Peanut Butter Spritz Cookies. I love making spritz cookies during the Christmas season. These cookies along with several others are being mailed out as gifts this week.
You can leave these as plain peanut butter spritz cookies or use some melting chocolate to drizzle over the tops. Ghirardelli Chocolate Melting Wafers (amazon affiliate) are one of our favorites to use or you can use any melting chocolate you prefer.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies. You will need a cookie press (amazon affiliate link) to make these and a Christmas tree disk.
- ½ cup salted butter (softened)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon hot water
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cream butter and sugars together. Beat in egg, peanut butter and hot water.
- Mix in flour and baking soda until well combined.
- Add Christmas tree disc to cookie press. Fill cookie press with dough. Form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn golden. Move cookies to cooling rack right after they come out and allow to cool.
- Drizzle tops with melting chocolates if desired.
Leave a Comment