Stamped Shortbread Cookies.
My sister bought me a cute cookie stamp that says Home Made on it quite a while ago and I tried making some recipes with it but none held their shape so I gave up on it for a while. I started researching how to make the best cookie stamp dough again and thankfully this recipe is a keeper. The dough worked great for making stamped shortbread cookies. No need to chill the dough either!
I rolled the dough into about 2″ balls and then dipped the stamp in sugar and pressed the balls down to stamp them. This recipe was really easy to make.
Recipe makes about 18 large cookies.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400 F. degrees.
- Add butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla to a mixing bowl and hand mix.
- Add in flour and mix until combined.
- Scoop dough and roll into 2" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Dip cookie stamp into a shallow dish of sugar or powdered sugar and stamp the dough ball, repeat with each dough ball.
- Bake at 400 F. for 10-12 minutes until cookies look set and slightly golden on edges.
Leave a Comment