Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
I make variation of my favorite chocolate chip cookie bars all the time, but these are my favorite!! I have tried stuffing them with peanut butter, peanut butter cups, chocolate bars and a few other things but this was yummy and easy!!
When you are putting the second layer of dough on, I like to take a small ball of dough and squish it, do this over and over until the top is covered.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all flour
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 6 oz. hot caramel ice cream topping
- ¼ teaspoon course sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- a few extra chips to sprinkle of the top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9x13 pan
- Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth, beat in the eggs one at a time
- add vanilla, dissolve baking soda in hot water, then add to batter, add salt. Slowly stir in flour, and then stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread half the batter into greased 9x13 pan, press down with you hands. Spread caramel over the batter, sprinkle the sea salt over it. Put remaining batter over the top (see pics).
- Bake for 30-35 min. or until edges and center are lightly golden in color.