Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping.
(Disclaimer: I was provided compensation for a link in this post. All thoughts & opinions expressed herein are my own.)
I love banana bread but honestly it takes a long time to bake which can be hard if you are not home for long periods of time. I made these banana bread muffins with a crumb topping because they are quick to bake, mine were done at the 18 minute mark. I don’t know why but I love a hint of cinnamon with banana bread/muffins so there is cinnamon in the topping and you can also add it to the batter if you are a big cinnamon fan. I always buy my cinnamon at Swanson Vitamins. I usually get the 1lb bag of organic cinnamon, it lasts me quite a while.
Recipe makes about 12-14 muffins.
I used a medium sized cookie scoop to fill the muffin tins, it scoops about 2 1/2 Tablespoons. I love it because it is less messy for me and then each muffin is approximately the same size. If you are not using salted butter then I recommend adding 1/8 teaspoon of salt to the recipe.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ripe mashed bananas
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup salted butter (5 Tablespoons) softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon melted salted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees. Grease or line muffin pan with muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, and baking powdered together.
- In another mixing bowl mash the ripe bananas, add sugar, egg, softened butter and vanilla together.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture and gently stir together by hand until combined.
- Scoop about 2.5 Tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup filling it about half full.
- Make the crumb topping by mixing it together. Sprinkle over the tops of muffins.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of one comes out clean or if the top springs back when touched.