Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping.
(Disclaimer: I was provided compensation for a link in this post. All thoughts & opinions expressed herein are my own.)
I love banana bread but honestly it takes a long time to bake which can be hard if you are not home for long periods of time. I made these banana bread muffins with a crumb topping because they are quick to bake, mine were done at the 18 minute mark. I don’t know why but I love a hint of cinnamon with banana bread/muffins so there is cinnamon in the topping and you can also add it to the batter if you are a big cinnamon fan. I always buy my cinnamon at Swanson Vitamins. I usually get the 1lb bag of organic cinnamon, it lasts me quite a while.
Recipe makes about 12-14 muffins.
I used a medium sized cookie scoop to fill the muffin tins, it scoops about 2 1/2 Tablespoons. I love it because it is less messy for me and then each muffin is approximately the same size. If you are not using salted butter then I recommend adding 1/8 teaspoon of salt to the recipe.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ripe mashed bananas
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup salted butter (5 Tablespoons) softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon melted salted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees. Grease or line muffin pan with muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, and baking powdered together.
- In another mixing bowl mash the ripe bananas, add sugar, egg, softened butter and vanilla together.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture and gently stir together by hand until combined.
- Scoop about 2.5 Tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup filling it about half full.
- Make the crumb topping by mixing it together. Sprinkle over the tops of muffins.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of one comes out clean or if the top springs back when touched.
Another delicious muffin recipe. My kitchen smelled so good while they were baking.
So glad you liked the muffin recipe. They do smell good. Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it.