Dairy Free Hot Dog Buns.
Perfect Dairy Free Homemade Hot Dog Buns. These Hot Dog buns have just the right texture & flavor.
I’ve shared the images above so you can see how to shape them. You divide the dough into 8 pieces, roll each piece into a 3×5″ rectangle (doesn’t need to be perfect). Then fold it to the center on one side then fold the other side on top of that. Flip it over, tuck the ends under a little, place on cookie sheet about 1″ apart. Let rise.
I love homemade bread. These hot dog buns taste better then the store bought ones. They are made without all those weird unhealthy preservative chemical ingredients and without high fructose corn syrup and also dairy free!
Makes 8 hot dog buns.
*I make this using my bread machine (amazon affiliate link) & just add all the ingredients together (I like to start by adding the yeast & water then everything else) & let my machine knead it for 10 min. on the dough setting then I turn it off. If your hand mixing you can add the ingredients to large mixing bowl, begin stirring with a large wooden spoon until dough ball forms then move to a lightly floured surface to knead.
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk (save egg white for brushing buns)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- --Egg Wash--
- egg white + 2 Tablespoons water
- *Add all ingredients together in the order listed then knead dough using your favorite method (by hand, bread machine, or stand mixer with dough hook) for 10 minutes until dough is smooth & elastic.
- Cover & let rise 1 hour or until double in size.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece on lightly floured surface into a 3x5" rectangle.
- Take the top (long side of rectangle) and fold to the center length wise, take the bottom piece and fold to the center length wise also. Flip over, gently tuck the end pieces under and place on greased cookie sheet. Place each roll ½-1" apart so they support each other & rise upwards.
- Let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- After rising brush with egg wash (to make egg wash whisk egg white & water together with fork).
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Bake 14-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Thank you so much for posting this recipe! It makes the best hot dog buns!!! :)
So glad you liked the recipe. Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it!
JUSTIN B KOON says
Being lactose intolerant and soy intolerant it’s hard for me to find any bread that I can eat. This recipe works good for me when we want to grill up some hotdogs with the kids, Thank you!
Hi Justin, I’m glad the recipe worked out for you! Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it.