Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies Rolled in Sugar.
For this recipe I basically took one of my favorite cookies for holidays like Christmas and Valentine’s Day and made it without the Hershey’s kiss in the middle. The recipe with the Hershey’s kiss in the middle are called Peanut Butter Blossoms.
I love peanut butter cookies and this is my favorite recipe for them. It is very versatile. I make them into shapes sometimes like hearts.
This recipe makes on average 32-38 cookies, depending on how small you make them.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted (microwave for 25-30 seconds)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- + sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add sugar, brown sugar, & melted butter, stir until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg, & vanilla, stir until smooth & creamy.
- Add flour & baking soda & stir until well combined.
- Scoop or roll dough into 1 inch balls (or smaller). Roll balls in a bowl of sugar to coat. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten down just slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn golden.