Banana Bread Cookies with Chocolate Chips.
Do you love Banana Bread recipes with chocolate chips? Then I think you will really love this recipe! I love banana bread but it takes forever to bake, usually at least an hour!
If you are like me and hate to turn on the oven in the middle of the summer because of the way it heats up the kitchen then this quick cookie recipe may be the perfect solution for you.
Recipe makes soft cake like banana cookies, chocolate chips are optional. Makes about 28 cookies.
- ½ (1 stick) cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 ½ large bananas)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground mace or nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda together. Let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Mix the banana mixture into the sugar/butter mixture.
- Whisk together the flour and spices. Add to the sugar/butter and mix until just combined.
- Stir chocolate chips in.
- Drop in dollops onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges are starting to turn golden brown.