Foolproof Rustic White Bread.
Foolproof Rustic White Bread. Only 5 ingredients in this bread! For all of you who are scared to make bread or have tried in the past and it didn’t turn out, this recipe is for you!
Just make sure you use quick/rapid rise yeast and give your dough enough time to rise.
Pics above, before and after rise.
Foolproof Rustic White Bread
Recipe type: bread
- 1½ Cups warm water
- 2¼ teaspoons or one packet of rapid rise yeast
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 3¼ Cups flour
- 1¾ teaspoons salt
- Add yeast to large mixing bowl, next add warm water to activate the yeast. Let that sit for a few mins. Add the sugar in and let sit for another min. or two.
- Add flour & salt to the large mixing bowl & stir all the ingredients together.
- The bread should be just a little sticky but not too much, if it's really sticky & wet add a little extra flour, if the dough is super dry then add a little more water (sometimes I have to add a little extra water to mine).
- Cover the bowl but not airtight (I placed a clean kitchen towel over the top of the bowl) & let it rise for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours place the dough onto a well floured surface. If you want to make 2 smaller sized loafs of bread then divide the dough in half.
- Shape the dough by picking it up & using your hands to fold the edge of the dough under until you have a loaf shape with smooth edges. Place onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Using a serrated knife cut the loaf (about a ¼ inch) into the center & then also make one about 1 inch to the left of center & one to the right so the top doesn't crack while its baking.
- Let it rise for 40 more minutes.
- After the 40 minutes, preheat oven to 450 degrees BUT first place a metal 9x13 inch pan onto the bottom rack of your oven (*WARNING*: Do Not use glass, it can explode or shatter!)
- When the oven is preheated place cookie sheet with bread onto the middle rack of your oven then quickly add 1 cup of water to the bottom 9x13 pan you have on the bottom rack. This pan is used to create a steam in the oven while the bread bakes, in the end it will make your bread have a nice hard crusty texture on the outside but still be soft inside.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until the top & bottom are a nice golden brown color. If your making 2 small loaves it will probably be done in 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven & let it cool for awhile so it will slice easier, then enjoy!
Leave a Comment