Soft Brown Sugar Cookies.
Soft Brown Sugar Cookies. This recipe makes about 22 large size cookies. You can make them smaller if you want. I used about a 2.5 Tablespoon cookie scoop (affiliate link) so if you use tablespoon size scoops the recipe will make more.
I really like this recipe because it makes soft cake like sugar cookies. They really remind me of an old fashioned sugar cookie. Please note: The cookie batter is very soft for this recipe but it is a drop style cookie and I never have any issues with the cookies turning out too flat or anything.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Degrees.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together (I hand mixed the batter).
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add to the creamed mixture, alternately, with the buttermilk, mixing well after each addition.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon or with a cookie scoop onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.