Easy Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
Super easy and moist pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. So good! This is in my top three pumpkin desserts, the other two are pumpkin pie squares and pumpkin blondies.
Remember: Pumpkin Puree, not Pumpkin Pie Mix!!
Easy Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Recipe type: dessert
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree- NOT pumpkin pie mix
- 1 package (8oz) Cream Cheese, room temp
- ½ stick butter (4 tablespoons)
- 1½-2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon of milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9x13 pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: 2 cups flour,, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp cinnamon.
- In a second medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: 3 large eggs, both sugars, 1 cup oil and 1 can pumpkin, until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Put in greased pan, bake at 350˚F for 32-38 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool.
- Mix all the frosting ingredients together until well combined and put on cooled cake. If the frosting is too thick add a tablespoon of milk, if it's too thin, add a little more powdered sugar to get the consistency you are looking for.
Leave a Comment