European-style Butter Cookies.
European-style Butter Cookies. Made with only 5 ingredients: sugar, flour, butter, egg, and vanilla.
This cookie recipe is quick and easy to whip up. When I am in a hurry but I want homemade cookies I make these. To me these cookies are a mix between short bread and a sugar cookie.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Add butter and sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix.
- Add in flour and mix.
- Scoop by the tablespoon full onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just starting to turn golden brown.