Chocolate Dipped Spritz Christmas Cookies.
Spritz are one of my favorite Christmas Cookies and dipping them in Chocolate makes them even better!!
You will need a cookies press to make these.
Any melting chocolate will work, sometimes I use the Ghirardelli melts and other times I use chocolate almond bark. You could also try some of the vanilla melts.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of melting chocolate or almond bark
- sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix butter & sugar together. Stir in egg, vanilla, & almond extract (optional). Add flour, salt, & baking powder & mix well.
- Scoop dough into cookie press fitted with tree or wreath pattern disc. Press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. If you like your cookies soft then bake until cookies are set, if you want them crisper bake until edges are starting to brown.
- Let cool, then follow directions on your melting chocolates, dip them in chocolate and. then add sprinkles.