Thanksgiving Turkey Thumbprint Cookies. Cute, and fun for the kids!
If your cookies have puffed up a little in the middle after baking, you can take the back of a spoon and push it down a little.
I could not find candy eyes at any stores near me, so I just bought a tube of black icing to use for the eyes.
- 4 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 4-6 squares of chocolate or vanilla almond bark (candy melts)
- candy corn
- black icing or candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl mix flour and baking powder together. In large bowl with mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, add in eggs, vanilla and almond extract until well combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture.
- Take a tablespoon of dough, roll into ball and put on cookie sheet. Push your thumb down in the middle. Bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 mins. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Melt almond bark according to package. Take small spoonfuls and put in the cookies. Wait for the almond bark to set up a little bit and then add the candy corn feathers. Cut the tip off of a candy corn to use as the nose. Use black icing for the eyes.