Easy Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache Icing.
Easy One Bowl Chocolate Cake. I just made this recipe for a birthday party to please all the chocolate lovers in my family and it was a big hit. This recipe is a pretty basic chocolate cake recipe, the only ingredient I did not have on hand was the heavy whipping cream so I had to pick up a container of it at the grocery store. The recipe calls for buttermilk but you can use regular milk.
This recipe makes a 9×13″ size cake. I also cut the recipe in half sometimes and make an 8×8″ baking pan sized cake. I made mine in a glass baking dish but you can use metal also. The chocolate icing is a thin chocolate ganache icing that just pours over the cake and then sets when it is cooled to room temperature or placed in the fridge.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch cocoa if you have it)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk (can use regular milk)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- -Chocolate Icing-
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint heavy cream (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13" baking pan.
- In a large bowl mix sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Batter will be very thin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes for a 9x13 pan. Let cool.
- For the Chocolate Icing:
- Put chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl.
- Put cream in small sauce pan.
- Heat cream over medium heat, just until it starts to boil.
- Pour cream over chocolate chips, stir until it turns dark and creamy.
- Pour over cake and let cool completely or place in fridge.
Leave a Comment